Our company strongly recognizes the importance of personal information protection. As well as abiding by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, we have developed and comply with voluntary standards to appropriately protect personal information in the course of daily business activities. Particularly, your personal information is essential for us to provide services to you and we think that it is our social responsibility to appropriately and legally handle such information in a way you can trust. Therefore, in order to ensure the protection of your personal information, we will comply with the following items.
- We will clarify the purpose of use and obtain consent from you before collecting personal information from you.
- We will use personal information obtained from our customers within the scope of the purpose of use to which they consented.
- We will continue to take necessary and appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information and its loss, falsification and leakage.
- We will appoint persons responsible for protecting and managing personal information and will educate, enlighten and regularly audit employees to ensure the appropriate handling of your personal information.
- We will not provide your personal information to any third party unless prior consent is obtained from you or such disclosure is legally required by the provisions of laws and regulations or needed to protect important interests including public life and property.
- When outsourcing the handling of your personal information, we will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the outsourced party to ensure the secure management of personal information.
- We will strive to keep your personal information accurate and up to date. We will set up contact points to respond to your requests for disclosure, correction and suspension of use of your personal information to the extent reasonable.
May 27, 2016
President and Chief Executive Officer
Daimaru Kogyo, Ltd.
2. How the company handles your personal information
(1) Collection of personal information
Our company has thorough safety control measures in place so that we are able to collect personal information to the extent necessary for our business operations and by legal and fair means.
(2) Purpose of use of personal information
Our company uses the personal information it has obtained to conduct our business operations (the import and export, wholesaling, retailing, and insuring of a variety of commercial products), as well as to provide services that are incidental and related to these operations. Our company will not use an individual’s personal information for purposes other than those that are relevant without the prior consent of that individual. We will make changes to the purposes of use described above only within the scope of when it is reasonably considered that it is relevant to do so. In the event of such changes, customers will be personally informed of their details, or they will be posted on our company’s website, etc.
(3) Shared use of personal information
- Our company shares personal information with the various companies in the JFR Group. However, we do not share any information obtained in relation to our insurance business with any of the JFR Group companies.
- Our company will share personal information to the extent of the purpose of use specified above.
- Items of personal information to be shared include name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, occupation, title and buying history.
- Our company will take responsibility for managing the shared use of personal information we have collected.
(4) Providing third parties with personal information
We will not disclose or provide your personal information to any third party, excluding any of the following cases. When consigning the handling of personal information to an external business, we will take necessary and appropriate measures to supervise the party involved, such as confirmation of their information management system.
- When your consent is obtained;
- When sharing the information with the companies of the JFR Group within the scope of the described shared use;
- When it is necessary for our contractors to perform contracted services;
- When disclosure of personal information is required by the provisions of laws and regulations;
- When it is necessary to protect human life, body and property; and
- When it is required under laws and regulations by national organizations, local governments or parties entrusted by them.
(5) Implementation of security control measures
Our company will take thorough security measures such as maintaining handling rules for safety management and the system to implement those rules in order to prevent the leakage, destruction, or damage of the personal information it handles and for the safety management of other personal information, and will take the necessary and appropriate measures to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date. In the unlikely event that a problem should occur, our company will promptly take the appropriate corrective measures.
(6) Disclosure, correction and suspension of use of personal information
Requests for disclosure, correction and suspension of use of personal information will be accepted at the contact point below and handled promptly to the extent reasonable and necessary. (Please make any inquiries via the documentation specified by our company via the inquiry URL.) For inquiries related to insurable contingencies, please inquire via the accident consultation desk described in the insurance policy.
< Contact for inquiries concerning personal information >
Daimaru Kogyo, Ltd. Human Resources/General Affairs Team
Address: 3-4-9, Bingo-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 541-0051
Telephone number: +81(0)6-6205-1000
Reception hours: From 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (closed during the year-end holidays, weekends, and national holidays)
Inquiry URL: http://www.daimarukogyo.co.jp/en/inquiry/
[Revised September 1, 2014]